Here are some thoughts on things I like and don’t like about the MacBook
- Long battery life
- Fast wakeup
- Light on powercord
- Magnetic attachment for powercord
- No hard disk indicator light
- No SD card slot
- Mac keyboard
- One mouse button
- Four options keys (fn, ctrl, alt/option, apple)
- No del key (although fn-delete does this)
- No dedicated home and end keys
- Windows confusing. Nice to switch between windows using Apple-Tab, but this doesn’t work with windows in an application
- Can leave an app open while all windows are closed
- Scroll bars too small. I am always missing and activating the windows behind.
- Have the up and down arrow scroll controls is dump. Yes, I understand the theory that it is easier to move the mouse a little bit to change from up to down, but in reality scrolling is usually always in one direction. And it makes more intuitive sense to move to the top of the scroll bar in order to scroll up.
- Cursor doesn’t change to an arrow when resizing window
- Should use FireFox as default browser. Safari 2 is still buggy.